[Zope-dev] Introducing ZopePrints.

Erik Enge erik@esol.no
12 Feb 2001 10:20:06 +0100

¡Hola!

Some of us over at ZopeZen.org (<URL:http://www.zopezen.org>) have
been discussing the fenomena that is called ZopePrints.  I'll give a
brief explanation, and would appretiate feedback as to whether this a
good idea or not.

A ZopePrint is a document, or maybe a set of documents, which
describes a part of, or the complete development process for a Zope
application.  This could include the whole process from when the
customers tell you they want to do project X with you, till you
actually finish it and it's up and running in the customers offices.

Some points may be:

        * Problem definition
        * Problem analysis
        * Project management (Resource allocation)
        * Design phase
        * Zope design
        * Test phase

(Have a looksy at
<URL:http://www.zopezen.org/SDot/981475769/index_html> to check out
all the suggestions, and my initial post.)

The rationale behind this is that the community at large would benefit
from this by having _real_life_ case studies so when their time has
come to implement an application in Zope, they don't fall into the
same traps and pitfalls we did.  Instead of benchmarks, the Zope
community would use implementation documents to decide whether Zope is
up for the job or not, that's what really helps.

I'm quite sure that it will also work as a tool for finding gaps and
holes in either Zope or its tools and Products.

We would like to start a project going in the Fishbowl which aims at
creating the right tools to document a project as described above.

Feel free to make suggestions!