[Zope-dev] How long below the radar?

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
10 Jul 2001 08:06:42 +0200

[Jerry Spicklemire]

| How about treating some of the most critically needed Zope modules
| as a community project?

I agree totally.

| Can a community wide process be adopted so that an architecture can
| be established, and the components then be built by individuals or
| small teams, and then dropped into place?

I'm not sure about DC's overall business strategy (the long-term one),
and I don't know how Zope fits into it, but opening the CVS is
probably one way of doing exactly what you describe.  Be it the
intention of DC or not, I forsee that community people with more time
on their hands than DC's people will "take over" certain modules.  And
if they are doing a great job, why stop them.  :)

It's good to have "astronaut architects" to take the bigger view on
things.  Many of us are burried here in the code, and seldom have time
to get high enough to get a good view of what's going on in other
areas.