[Zope-dev] Opera seems to cause memory leak on Zope Server (Linux)

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:29:29 +0200

Hi,

my 2C here :)

--On Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2001 20:31 +0200 Dieter Maurer
<dieter@handshake.de> wrote:

> Christian Theune writes:
>  > I'm (trying) to work with Opera, because I love it's speed,
>  > the problem is, from time to time, a request from opera,
>  > (seems to raise on POST only) causes Zope to eat all ram
>  > it can get and all cpu available.
>  > ....
> I saw three differences between the Opera and the Netscape requests:
>
>   *  your Netscape request uses far less cookies
>
>   *  the Netscape request does not use "Cookie2"
>
>   *  the Opera request has the "boundary" declaration
>      on a continuation line.

I bet it is the third point which causes the problem.
The cookies probably came from cut&waste or treestate
or something like that. I think the boundary on the
continuation line will be ignored and thus the bondary
gets set to "" which in turn causes the known problem.

Regards
Tino