[Zope-dev] mxDateTime-based Zope DateTime module

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 11:38:00 -0500

At 11:21 AM 6/7/01 -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
>I think using mxDateTime would be a great idea (it would mean DC would
>no longer need to maintain our own DateTime module).  And since you've
>done a lot of good work in creating a wrapper, we've got a head start.
>But I think before it can go in to any release, we need to follow the
>fishbowl process.  This means creating a proposal on dev.zope.org,
>letting Brian know about it, and then letting Brian choose if and when
>he wants it to go in (it will subsequently be made into a project).

Cool. I will do that. Let's see whether we can get the last Catalog bug out
of there, so that we can have a good prototype.

I am very excited about that. I think this improvement will also be of
advantage to the database adapters and other products that use Dates and
Times extensively.

Regards,
Stephan

--