[Zope-dev] RFC: How-To on subclassing Shared.DC.Scripts.Script.Script

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 05:03:33 -0300

I'm thinking here that subclassing Script is the way to go for
any object that needs finer control on how it is called - and
I'll say that of any class that doesn't just do

  index_html = HTMLFile(foo, globals())

So, I wrote a How-To. It's definitely not ready for prime-time,
as I haven't actually used it to implement a class, but I think
it's correct. I'd appreciate if people took a look at it and
commented both on correctness and clarity/usefulness.

It is at http://www.zope.org/Members/lalo/scriptclass-dev now;
this is a ZWikiPage, so you can comment right there. The "real"
address will be http://www.zope.org/Members/lalo/scriptclass
when it's ready.

[]s,
                                               +----