[Zope-dev] RFC: How-To on subclassing Shared.DC.Scripts.Script.Script

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:36:30 -0500

>It is at http://www.zope.org/Members/lalo/scriptclass-dev now;
>this is a ZWikiPage, so you can comment right there. The "real"
>address will be http://www.zope.org/Members/lalo/scriptclass
>when it's ready.

Mmmh, after reading the how-to (quickly), I do understand for what you are
using Script for.

But when I started reading it, I wanted to learn more of how I could
implement a new scripting language into Zope, such as a ZOQL (as mentioned
on the SmartObjects mailing list:
http://imail.iuveno-net.de/pipermail/smartobjects/), Tcl, XQuery or XPath.
Even though your usage of the Script-class is unique and obviously useful,
I think you should make a note, that will not describe how to implement
another scripting language. But other than that, I learned something new.

Thanks for the tutorial.

Regards,
Stephan

--