[Zope-dev] RFC: How-To on subclassing Shared.DC.Scripts.Script.Script

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 22:18:57 -0300

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 06:36:30PM -0500, Stephan Richter wrote:
>=20
> But when I started reading it, I wanted to learn more of how I could=20
> implement a new scripting language into Zope, such as a ZOQL (as ment=
ioned=20
> on the SmartObjects mailing list:=20
> http://imail.iuveno-net.de/pipermail/smartobjects/), Tcl, XQuery or X=
Path.=20
> Even though your usage of the Script-class is unique and obviously us=
eful,=20
> I think you should make a note, that will not describe how to impleme=
nt=20
> another scripting language. But other than that, I learned something =
new.

Thank you :-)

I don't think I could teach something as generic as this; the
process would be completely different for each language, and
depend on your interpreter. For starters, PythonScript and
ZopePageTemplates are completely different.

The classes to add new scripting languages would be similar up
to the point I described in my How-To, I'm afraid. Up from
there, it's you and your interpreter.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
            Esvazie sua mente, pequeno gafanhoto.
       N=F3s temos muito o que aprender... mas primeiro...

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)      ---       http://www.BroDar.org/