[Zope-dev] SAP DB <--> ZODB ?

ender kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 18:15:34 -0800

On Friday 09 March 2001 07:20, Steve Alexander wrote:
>>I just heard that the SAP DB has gone Free and Open Source.

sapdb isn't open source yet. it will be in a few months. when it does it
looks like it will instantly become the most advanced open source database
out there. my current rankings of the general os rdbms  in terms of features
postgresql->interbase->mysql

currently sapdb has only opened the database manager and the client
interfaces as well as the build environment needed to make these from src.

the feature list of this database is astonishing
www.sapdb.org

to name a few
subtransactions
outer joins
sql 92 compliant, possible modes for db2, oracle 7
very nice prodecural sql language.
lots of statistics information
really rich set of standard functions
scrollable cursors

this is a great candidate for a zodb storage

kapil