[Zope-dev] FTP interface being worked on?

Fred Wilson Horch fhorch@ecoaccess.org
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 17:57:05 -0500

Hi folks,

Is anyone working on the FTP support in Zope?  For our project, we'd
like to improve the FTP interface to Zope.

I noticed that ZServer/README.txt in Zope 2.3.1b1 states

  Properties and FTP: The next step

    The next phase of FTP support will allow you to edit properties of
    all Zope objects. Probably properties will be exposed via special
    files which will contain an XML representation of the object's
    properties. You could then download the file, edit the XML and
    upload it to change the object's properties.

    We do not currently have a target date for FTP property support.

I have a proposal written up, if anyone is interested in providing
feedback to me before I start work on it.

Along these lines, I also have a proposal to add an export / import
feature that would dump objects in the ZODB to separate files in a
directory tree.  (Currently the XML export seems to create one big XML
file.)  The goal is to allow objects to be managed as flat files so you
can edit them more easily and use CVS to track revisions.

Also, it sure is confusing to try to figure out where you accept
patches.  Is the Collector still the best place to send them?

Thanks,
Fred
--
Fred Wilson Horch			mailto:fhorch@ecoaccess.org