[Zope-dev] call pythonscript from python

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:44:34 -0700

Tim McLaughlin wrote:

> Anybody know how I can call  a pythonscript from python?  Currently I can
> call it, but I seem to have no context or security context, because it
> either will not let me access anything or fail with an attribute error in
> the context.  What are the params that I NEED to pass in so that it can do
> its bindings (and if you know how to get them automagically, that would be
> incredible)?
>
> Tim

The Bindings parent class of PythonScript defines a method
__render_with_namespace__(namespace) that looks like it grabs the
arguments
and bindings from whatever namespace mapping you provide it and then
executes
the script.

You could also use the _bindAndExec(args, kw, caller_namespace) method
if you want to
also pass arguments from outside the namespace.

Take at looksie at lib/python/Shared/DC/Scripts/Bindings.py for the
source.

--