[Zope-dev] ZEO question.

Duncan Booth duncan@rcp.co.uk
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:37:44 -0000

> And now onto the reason I was looking for that list:
>
> -WinNT 4.0
> -Zope 2.3.1b1
> -ZEO 0.4.1
>
> E:\Zope\2.3.1b1>python lib/python/ZEO/start.py -p 8000
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "lib/python/ZEO/start.py", line 315, in ?
>     if __name__=='__main__': main(sys.argv)
>   File "lib/python/ZEO/start.py", line 297, in main
>     signal.signal(signal.SIGHUP, handler)
> AttributeError: SIGHUP
>
> What does that mean and how can I fix it?
It means that ZEO isn't compatible with NT. simply comment out
line 297 of start.py and it should be fine.

> Finally, how can I get the storage server to use the Data.fs from my
> INSTANCE_HOME rather than the SOFTWARE_HOME, which I presume the above
> does?
I think the default is to use INSTANCE_HOME/var/Data.fs so you
should be happy.

BTW, I have managed to get ZEO running as an NT service
complete with Core Session in a mounted BerkeleyDB 3.2 storage.

--
Duncan Booth                                             duncan@rcp.co.uk