[Zope-dev] Determining Acquired Permissions?

richard@bizarsoftware.com.au richard@bizarsoftware.com.au
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 15:14:54 +1000

RoleManager doesn't seem to offer any way to determine what permissions are
acquired for roles. If I'm wrong, please quietly direct me to the
appropriate API call :)

If I'm not, I need to know how to determine this information. We're using a
simplified interface to access controls in our management screens, and we
need to be able to display exactly what the permissions are at a given
point in the object tree. I honestly believe that RoleManager should do the
same thing, but that's possibly the subject of another email :)

I'm about to use a custom method which walks aq_chain (yay for aq_chain :)
looking for _View_Permission ('View' being the permission I'm interested
in). What are the chances this will break in the future - the attribute has
a leading underscore and therefore is private as far as I'm concerned.
Naughty Richard, but he can't find another way...

    Richard

--
Richard Jones
richard@bizarsoftware.com.au