[Zope-dev] New IOBTrees have no 'map' method

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 11 May 2001 10:22:42 +0100

"R. David Murray" wrote:

> My guess, after searching for the keyword 'map' and finding an
> interface that calls for the implementation of __getitem__ and says
> this allows 'for' loops and 'map' iterations, is that you can just
> drop the call to the .map method and use the IOBtree directly as
> the argument to the map function.  But in the absence of real
> knowledge about what the .map method of the old IOBTree does, that
> is just a guess.

Well, to give you an idea of what it did, here's the method I had to write
toreplace the functionality:

    def data_map(self,ids):
        result=[]
        for id in ids:
            result.append(self.data[id].__of__(self))
        return result

self.data is an IOBTree.

If this can be replaced wiith a simple return map(...,self.data), please let me
know :-)

cheers,

Chris