[Zope-dev] Remotely running in Control_Panel

Greg.Moore@zcsterling.com Greg.Moore@zcsterling.com
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 09:16:11 -0500

I had a question for the group.

I am concerned that a remote user can attempt to run things in the
Control_Panel area.

-
Example (1)

An example is with Yihaw.  I can run the following URL on a Zope system for
an installed product.

http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel/Products/YihawDirectory/YihawChannel_add

I Receive, Zope Error, Error Type: KeyError, Error Value: title (edited for
brevity).

Even though I got an error, I got some information about the system.  Is
this not the beginning of a security problem?

-
Example (2)

With ZWiki I can do the following:

http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel/Products/ZWiki/basic-0.9.5/FrontPage

I get a full page for a site that doesn't exist.

-

In some instances (such as http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel) I get a
request to log into the administrative portion.  Good!

Should I not always be required to log in?  Is this an issue with Yihaw?  An
issue with my permissions?

Thank you!

Greg Moore