[Zope-dev] Searching/Indexing/ZODB/SQL/BerkleyDB

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:27:25 +0000

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
> >
> > Toby Dickenson wrote:
> > >
> > > FileStorage is 'damn fast', so almost anything is going to be slower.
> >
> > Indeed, until it runs out of RAM for its indexes ;-)
>
> I wish you would finish testing the change I made for you.

Sorry, to be clear, my comment was in the context of using a FileStorage to
exclusively store searching and indexing information.

Jim has provided a patch which I was trying to test, sadly, for whatever reason,
it went wrong and killed the box I was testing on.

There are some issues preventing me resurrecting the box (location, staff, etc)
but I will let you guys know as soon as I get some information...

cheers,

Chris