[Zope-dev] Searching/Indexing/ZODB/SQL/BerkleyDB

emf mindlace@imeme.net
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:03:58 -0700

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
>
>>Toby Dickenson wrote:
>>
>>>FileStorage is 'damn fast', so almost anything is going to be slower.
>>>
>>Indeed, until it runs out of RAM for its indexes ;-)
>>

> I wish you would finish testing the change I made for you.
> It should reduce the memory consumption by an order of magnitude.
> I took an afternoon out of a rather busy schedule to put this
> together for you.

As I currently run 30-60 storage servers on a machine, I would be very
interested in testing out such a patch, if you'd be willing to send it
along.

Thanks,
--
ethan mindlace fremen  |  iMeme - The most full featured Zope Host
http://mindlace.net    |  Root, ZEO, MySQL, Mailman, Unlimited Domains