[Zope-dev] (SHOUT) NOTIFICATION!!!!

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:54:56 -0500

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 05:57:17PM +0000, seb bacon wrote:
>What we need, as Paul suggested about zope-web, is a set of community
>members who are able and willing to contribute 10 hours per week.  I
>think there are very few such people.  I would love to, but I simply

I'd think the number of such people is zero, except for people who use
Zope in their work and can justify time spent developing on Zope
itself as being work-related.  It can't be assumed that people have
much time to spend on a free software project; instead you have to
lower the bar, and make it easier for hit-and-run contributors.  If it
takes days or worse, weeks and months, to get a contribution accepted,
people just won't bother.

Re: bug tracking.  If Bugzilla is too much of a bear to deal with,
there are simpler alternatives available, such as Roundup, Jitterbug,
the SF bug tracker, and our unreleased SPLAT!.

--amk