[Zope-dev] zope-web community (was (SHOUT) NOTIFICATION!!!!)

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:43:57 -0500

On 30 Nov 2001 at 12:54, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 05:57:17PM +0000, seb bacon wrote:
> >What we need, as Paul suggested about zope-web, is a set of community
> >members who are able and willing to contribute 10 hours per week.  I think
> >there are very few such people.  I would love to, but I simply
>
> I'd think the number of such people is zero, except for people who use Zope
> in their work and can justify time spent developing on Zope itself as being
> work-related.

Raises hand.

I use Zope everyday for development for various customers. When I hit a snag in Zope,
I have to convince the customer to pay me to fix the problem. Usually, I get asked "can
you work around that? What if we eliminated feature xyz?"  or "How long will that take?"

This is never pleasant. (still thinking about collector item 47  :-(

I suppose I could do Zope stuff off-the-clock on personal time, but that's impossible with
two small kids at home, plus doing college studies.. I'm supposed to be building an
airplane too, but the darn kit has sat in the basement for a year, nothing done.

> Re: bug tracking.  If Bugzilla is too much of a bear to deal with,
> there are simpler alternatives available, such as Roundup, Jitterbug,
> the SF bug tracker, and our unreleased SPLAT!.

SPLAT, sounds interesting, like to see how that stacks up to roundup..

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements