[Zope-dev] BUG or FEATURE?

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:23:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> But i still dont understand why the first time i call REQUEST.set, and use
> <dtml-var variable> the variable has the value i set, and subsequent calls to
> REQUEST.set modify REQUEST['variable'] but not variable. This is not right
> for what i think. Or it modify the variable ALL the times or NONE.
>
> Do you agree?

I agree.  It looks like a bug to me <grin>.  I think the correct
behavior would be for all the sets to work, regardless of the
with.  My guess is that if you look in the code you'll find some weird
interaction happening between the namespace stack code and acquisition.

And by the way, I was under the impression that the <dtml-with REQUEST>
idom was a pretty common way to handle just the case you chose it for.
In fact, I think that idom appears in DC code here and there, though
I could be misremembering that part.

--RDM