[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Are there Graphic Designers?

William Trenker wtrenker@shaw.ca
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 09:56:45 -0800

--Boundary_(ID_8/Bk+WjFJiayQG2PEumHOg)

--Boundary_(ID_2sSijIlAOZ5v5m23/eJ0Ew)

At 07:41 AM 4/5/02 -0500, Paul Everitt wrote:
>I think this conversation is trending in the wrong direction.
>The core ZMI is needed to the extent that it helps build or administer
>products.  Thus, Zope 3 is not like YABB.

Yes, your point is well taken.  I hesitated bringing this up in the first
place but the original request was for graphically talented designers and
that got me thinking about the ZMI as an intrinsic demo of Zope's
presentation capabilities.

I remember when as an application designer looking for a web framework
that, other than Zope.org's own portal pages, the ZMI was the first thing
to catch my eye.  As an app designer, when looking for tools out there, I
can't help but get an impression of the potential of what the tool set can
produce from how the tool set looks to me.  When I'm new to Zope, trying to
navigate my way through the tool set's screens I am, psychologically,
getting an impression of the what I could produce for my own audience.

>Of course, Zope 3 can ship with one or more sexy sample applications, like
>YABB.

Yes, good point.  Let me add that when I started learning Zope the ZMI was
the only sample that I knew how to become acquainted with.  But that was
probably because there were no other examples at hand when I installed it
"out of the box".  And I'm not ashamed to say that one way I've learned to
do presentation with Zope is to study how the ZMI's presentation is
implemented.

Regards,
Bill

"The commandments of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart. The
commands of the LORD are clear, giving insight to life . . . For this is
the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are
not burdensome." (Psalm 19:8, 1John
5:3)    <http://torahteacher.com/>torahteacher.com

--Boundary_(ID_2sSijIlAOZ5v5m23/eJ0Ew)

At 07:41 AM 4/5/02 -0500, Paul Everitt wrote:<br>
trending in the wrong direction.<br>
The core ZMI is needed to the extent that it helps build or administer
products.&nbsp; Thus, Zope 3 is not like YABB.</blockquote><br>
Yes, your point is well taken.&nbsp; I hesitated bringing this up in the
first place but the original request was for graphically talented
designers and that got me thinking about the ZMI as an intrinsic demo of
Zope's presentation capabilities.<br><br>
I remember when as an application designer looking for a web framework
that, other than Zope.org's own portal pages, the ZMI was the first thing
to catch my eye.&nbsp; As an app designer, when looking for tools out
there, I can't help but get an impression of the potential of what the
tool set can produce from how the tool set looks to me.&nbsp; When I'm
new to Zope, trying to navigate my way through the tool set's screens I
am, psychologically, getting an impression of the what I could produce
for my own audience.<br><br>
or more sexy sample applications, like YABB.</blockquote><br>
Yes, good point.&nbsp; Let me add that when I started learning Zope the
ZMI was the only sample that I knew how to become acquainted with.&nbsp;
But that was probably because there were no other examples at hand when I
installed it &quot;out of the box&quot;.&nbsp; And I'm not ashamed to say
that one way I've learned to do presentation with Zope is to study how
the ZMI's presentation is implemented.<br><br>
Regards,<br>
Bill<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
to the heart. The commands of the LORD are clear, giving insight to life
. . . For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His
commandments are not burdensome.&quot; (Psalm 19:8, 1John
5:3)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

--Boundary_(ID_2sSijIlAOZ5v5m23/eJ0Ew)--

--Boundary_(ID_8/Bk+WjFJiayQG2PEumHOg)

---