[Zope-dev] Call Profiler strangeness - lots of ZODB transactions

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:51:00 +1000

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:27, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:29, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> > On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:30:56 +1100, Richard Jones
> >
> > <rjones@ekit-inc.com> wrote:
> > >I'm investigating why our product ZODB is growing when it shouldn't.
> > > I've found that the undo log has entries in it every five minutes
> > > saying "Installed product CallProfiler by Zope". More infrequently (not
> > > regularly) we also have "Installed product ZOracleDA by Zope".
> >
> > Was zope restarting (or being restarted) every five minutes?
>
> No, but it is being pinged. By that, I mean that we have a script that
> tries to access the ZEO server every five minutes to make sure it's all OK.
> The script does the following::
>
>   import sys, os
>   sys.path.append('/app/zope/zopecontrol_code/')
>   sys.path.insert(0, '/app/zope/zopecontrol_code/lib/python')
>   os.environ['ZEOPORT'] = '8076'
>   os.environ['ZEOHOST'] = 'devhost1.off.ekorp.com'
>   import Zope
>   # now do stuff with the Zope.app() (we don't actually have to do anything
>   # to trigger the ZODB note generation - the import is enough)

Setting the environment var ZEO_CLIENT stops the message - but I guess I'd
like to know why this product is causing the message when none of the others
are. It's all due to the code in installControlPanel, and I'd rather it not
be dodgy :)

    Richard