[Zope-dev] 2.6 / 2.7? (was: DTML and REQUEST data changes about to be checked in)

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 13:54:33 -0600

On 8/8/02 1:19 PM, "Toby Dickenson" <tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com>
wrote:

> On Thursday 01 Aug 2002 3:46 pm, Martijn Pieters wrote:
>
> Eeek - a week ago. sorry for the late reply.
>
>> I am about to land some big changes in the way DTML deals with data taken
>> from the REQUEST object when accessed implicitly, in both the Zope Trunk
>> and the Zope 2.5 branch.
>
> In my opinion this change is completely unacceptable at this late stage of the
> release cycle. As you said:
>
>> These changes could potentially break existing
>> Zope sites.
>
> The existing behavior might be flawed, but it is a flaw we have all lived with
> for a long time. In my opinion this needs:
>
> 1. To be deferred until the 2.7 cycle.
>
> 2. A detailed fishbowl proposal.

Speaking of all this - what's up with 2.6 and 2.7?  2.6a1 is creaking
towards to its two month birthday, and I seem to hear more about 2.7
developments than 2.6 ones lately.  Is there a roadmap / schedule for the
two releases that's up to date?

--
Jeffrey P Shell
www.cuemedia.com