[Zope-dev] saving dictionaries in MySQL database with using existing connection

Axel Bock news-and-lists@the-me.de
13 Aug 2002 20:46:58 +0200

Hi again,

I have a little problem: I have to save a dictionary object in a MySQL
database. For this I have a MySQLDatabaseConnection in my folder, and I
want to use this for database access.

Now I don't know how I use this connection to save my dict over it. Am
have succeeded in using queries with it (I can generate a query, and
fire
it into the database), but this is not what I intend.
I want to say something like this (very, very roughly!):
		db.save(dictionary)
...and Zope should put my dict into the db. Serialized.

Does anyone know whether this is possible or not, and if yes, how?

Thanks very much in advance,

		Axel.