[Zope-dev] PathIndex doesn't index last part of path

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:22:10 -0400

Yes I agree, I think it would be better if the apis were getRecordForUid,
getIndexForUid since the uids can be something other than paths.Thanks for
the input on that.

-Casey

----- Original Message -----
From: "Myroslav Opyr" <myroslav@zope.net.ua>
To: "Casey Duncan" <casey@zope.com>
Cc: "Andy McKay" <andy@agmweb.ca>; <zope-dev@zope.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 6:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] PathIndex doesn't index last part of path

Hi,

Sorry, maybe I'm too late ;) but I have a note here.

uid in Cataloc can be path but it can be any arbitrary unigue
identifier. In system I'm working with it is ID generated in the time of
object creation and it persists and it is uid in Catalog. Nothing wrong
with the methods themselves but about their name. As far as I understood
they are getRecordFromPath, getMetadataFromPath, getIndexFromPath.
Generally it will be path a uid of Catalolog, but naming in other cases
will be confusing. Maybe it is just a question of documentation?

Regards,

m.

--
Myroslav Opyr