[Zope-dev] Weird FactoryDispatcher __getattr__

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:13:59 +0200

Has anybody any experience or insight into the FactoryDispatcher, and
specifically in it's __getattr__?

Really specifically: Why the **** does the FactoryDispatchers __getattr__
get called when I make a on a subobject of the object with the
FactoryDispatcher?

1. I'm not doing the getattr on the FactoryDispatcher.
2. getattr itself should find the attribute, and it's my understanding that
if getattr finds the attribute with the normal mechanism __getattr__
shouldn't be called at all.

So I don't at all understand why the FactoryDispatcher __getattr__ gets
called, and hence I'm not able to prevent it from happening, which I want
to, because I need to find attributes from inside the FactoryDispatcher
__getattr__ and it gets recursive.