[Zope-dev] PathIndex doesn't index last part of path

Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:49:27 -0700

I'm all for putting together a proposal to do this, soliciting comments, and
contributing to the effort.  What would be the right venue for that?

On the other hand, AFAIK, the addition of a depth query feature to PathIndex
as it is wouldn't likely break existing indexes.  And given that Andy's need
(get metadata for a Cataloged object, given some cached referecne, in this
case a path, to it) could be filled by the Catalog itself (or changes to
it), I'm not sure what other features would be needed out of PathIndex?

In brief, what I would like:
	results = Catalog.searchResults(path={'query':myContainersPath,
'depth':0, 'level':0})
Where depth means:
	-1 	In parent of path specified (up one)
	0	Contained within path specified
	1	Contained in path specified or directly in one of its
children
	2	Same as above, but also in child container's child

No depth specified means behavior is like current functionality in path
indexes.  A brief glance at docs and code gives me the impression that this
could peacefuly co-exist with level.

Sean