[Zope-dev] How to develope a ZObject to connect to an socket server?

Juan Carlos CORUÑA jcoruna@ibdosnorte.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:04:11 +0200

Hi all!

I'm trying to develope a zope object that connects to a external socket
server in order to comunícate with it and receive some events (Maybe I
need a thread to process events).

The problem is how to establish the connection at the start of zope and
to disconnect at the end. After some test assigning the socket server
object to _v_ variables in the zope object, it missed the connection
after a while. It seems that it can't maintain the reference stored in
the _v_ variable.

I thing that the behaviour is something like database connections and
I'm looking into some database connection objects to find out the
mechanism used.

If anybody has interesting information or knows where to achieve docs
about this, please could you advise me?

Juan Carlos Coruña

jcc@ibdosnorte.com