[Zope-dev] Slow zope on windows 2000?

Myroslav Opyr myroslav@zope.net.ua
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 02:00:26 +0300

mart@eastsite.nl wrote:

>I have a question for you zope administrators out there :
>What are your experiences whith zope running on Windows NT/2K? No matter
>what I try , zope will run significant faster on a Unixlike system=20
>(with the same hardware), especially when working alot with the ZCatalog.

While experimenting we've seen difference in startup speeds for CMF=20
using a lot of PageTemplates (Plone) on Duron + W2K compared to Celeron=20
+W2K. IMHO it is caused by the way Python is compiled in (more effective=20
for Intel platform).

>Do you guys have any proposals how to make zope run faster on windows?=20
>My own experience is also that zope runs faster with the "start.bat" way=
=20
>instead as a Windows NT Service. Strange, because I tried several number=
s=20
>of threads with both ways with the same startup parameters.

No difference in service / standalone so far.

No precise measurements were made. Just overall impression (10 vs 90=20
seconds for startup ;) There is possiblity that it was hardware playing=20
the game.

m.
--=20
Myroslav Opyr