[Zope-dev] Re: Browser Stop Button and Zope REQUESTs

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:44:04 +0100

> On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 07:49, Chris Withers wrote:

> > I'd like to see the REQUEST be flat plain aborted when someone hits t=
he
> > stop button or the connection dies.

Thats probably impossible if there is an HTTP proxy between your browser =
and=20
zope.

> > I don't is the is context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.isClientConnected() really
> > working. How would I plug this in an expensive SQL SELECT/JOIN? Why d=
o we
> > need this extra programming overhead?
> >
> > As for the long running administrative tasks, I actually see the abil=
ity
> > to bugger off and leave them running as an extremely bad thing. Say I=
 hit
> > 'pack' on a big fat ZODB. I then go somewhere else. How do I now tell
> > when its done. The only was would be to go and look at 'top' and gues=
> > which python thread is doing the pack and wait till its CPU usage dro=
ps
> > to zero. That's pretty ropey ;-)

Yes, all good storages use zLOG to report that they are finished packing.

;-)

On Wednesday 28 Aug 2002 2:47 pm, Chris McDonough wrote:

> Do you have any implementation suggestions?

On posix there may be some SIGINT-based options, which Im sure would expo=
se=20
many other weaknesses. On Win32, Im fairly sure we are out of luck for=20
interruption without RESPONSE.isClientConnected()