[Zope-dev] Re: Temporary Storage + Sessions + Versions: How?

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:03:49 -0500

Joachim Werner wrote:

> Thanks for the hint. I'll try using a versioning storage, though it might be
> rather inefficient I guess?

Most (all?) versioning storages are also undoing so you'll be keeping
undo data that will need to be packed away.  It's also hard to manage an
undoing mounted storage (no way to pack one from the ZMI).  These were
the reasons that TemporaryStorage was written in the first place, of course.

> I think if one is using two Zope features together that are both scheduled
> to be included for the 2.5 release, there should be no surprises like that
> one. With Core Session Tracking and Zope 2.4 versioning was fine. And all of
> a sudden, it didn't work any more. That CAN indeed be disturbing ... :-(

Sorry you had problems.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

- C