[Zope-dev] Crash & Burn with Zope 2.6.0a1 and ZEO 2.0a1

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:52:06 -0600

On 6/19/02 1:29 PM, "Jeremy Hylton" <jeremy@zope.com> wrote:

> JH> I don't have the URL handy, but it's section 8.1.1 of the manual
> JH> IIRC.  Look for large file support in the library reference.
>
> BAW> http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/posix-large-files.html
>
> Actually, these are the instructions for Python 2.2.1.  Most Zope
> users will want
> http://www.python.org/doc/2.1.3/lib/posix-large-files.html
>
> The instructions have changed!

We have Python on FreeBSD, installed via the ports system.  Is there a way
to tell if a given version of Python has large file support built in via the
interpreter (ie - is there a magic flag in os|posix that can be checked?).

The machine is serving as a ZEO server to clients in various data centers.
It had a 1.5 Gigabyte Data.fs as of last night (prior to packing).  I want
to make sure we don't run into an overwritten Data.fs situation.

--
Jeffrey P Shell
www.cuemedia.com