[Zope-dev] Re: more on the segfault saga

Martijn Jacobs mart@eastsite.nl
13 Mar 2002 19:06:00 +0100

> Actually, at least in Linux, with a recent gdb, you can attach gdb to
> zope in multithread mode. Just take the "-t 1" from the command line
> sugested by the StabilityHOWTO and you're set. Best results are achieved
> by compiling everything from source (python even, use the
> --prefix=/path/to/zope-src so as not to mix up with your installed
> python and be careful to use this python when installing zope) and
> running:

Ok, I succeeded tying up the gdb on the production server. I have to
wait until tomorrow for results, because in the evening the intranet is
not used by the specific company :) Tomorrow it will crash for sure,
because it crashes about 20/30 times a day, so then I will post the
results as soon as possible!

It's very frustrating that we cannot reproduce this bug in out own
environment, whatever we try. (all workstations requesting like hell,
but we cannot succeed crashing it!)

It's very nice to hear that you people are trying to solve the problem,
also thanks to the guys from Zope Corp. who are spending there time for
it!

Hope the bug will be resolved soon.....

kind regards,

martijn jacobs