[Zope-dev] Re: more on the segfault saga

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:04:05 -0500

Hi Martijn,

We're basically just trying to construct traps to try to identify a
"smoking gun."  The upside is, if it works, we'll be able to fix the bug
very quickly.  However, its based on assumptions about the exact nature
of the bug -- so each trap I write essentially is making a hypothesis
and then testing it.

Because Leo can get the crash very quickly, if you have a difficult time
reproducing it, you don't need to spend a lot of effort trying to keep
up with my traps.