[Zope-dev] Locked out of ZOPE! please help!

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
13 May 2002 13:11:38 -0300

On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 10:22, Richard McKinley wrote:
> [...]
> I've tried to create an emergency user at the dos prompt:
>
> >C:\Program Files\TestZope\bin>python "C:\program files\testzope\zpasswd.py"
> >access
>
> but after entering username/password, specifying cleartext and hitting n or
> return at the domain restrictions - the user does not appear to get created.

Have you restarted Zope? the emergency user only gets recognized after
zope starts

Also, the emergency user doesn't really get created in the acl_users.
Rather, it's login and password are recognized as a less powerful user,
that is able to fiddle with the users in acl_users and create/delete
acl_users around the site.

Another thing you might try is to create an "inituser" file instead of
an "access" file in Zope instalation dir with zpasswd.py and then
restart Zope. Be warned, though, that doing so will erase all other
users in Zope Root acl_users and create only the single user you
specified in inituser.

Cheers, Leo

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.