[Zope-dev] What catalog/index to use ...

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <lists@andreas-jung.com>
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 08:26:58 +0100

--On Freitag, 8. November 2002 01:44 +0100 Joachim Werner
<joe@iuveno-net.de> wrote:

> What are the plans for Zope 2.6.x/2.7? Will ZCTextIndex be replaced by
> TextIndexNG?

No, they will coexist. ZCTextIndex is maintained by Zope Corp, TextIndexNG
is
maintained by myself.

> Does it make sense to get ZCTextIndex fixed (there seems to be a patch in
> the collector already) or should I go with TextIndexNG? If yes, is it
> ready for production environments?

Depends on your needs. ZCTextIndex is very easy to use and supports
relevance
ranking, TextIndexNG is supposed to be some kind of
eier-legende-wollmilch-sau.
Compare the features and make your choice.

-aj