[Zope-dev] Zope RPMs/debs and Linux FHS

Dirk Datzert dirk.datzert@tks-rasselstein.thyssenkrupp.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:04:33 +0200

> I will be honest here.  I don't care a lot about how the debian files
> are packaged, or where.  But I do not want to see two sets of debs with
> differing layouts.

Not only talking about debs distro layouts. There should be one install
instruction for all linux distros, which takes care about FHS. This
should be official published under zope.org. On this base an RPM can
build.

If installation places changes from 2.4.4/2.5.1 to 2.6 than it simple
changes. A notification mail on RPM install can tell that to the user.

Distro maintainer like SuSE doing that this way.

Regards,
Dirk