[Zope-dev] Some Zope distributions are missing Data.fs.in

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:49:25 +0200

Same thing on Debian. 'Data.fs.in' is missing there as well. This is a
problem for me as the ZopeTestCase relies on a working Testing package and
error reports start to trickle in...

AFAIK, 'Data.fs.in' already contains things like the root Application
object and the Control_Panel. If no base is given to the DemoStorage, these
objects would have to be created every time. Also, 'Data.fs.in' is only
75kb and setting up a test ZODB from it is very fast. Using a large(r)
Data.fs file as base for DemoStorage slows things down _considerably_.

I am wondering how "getting rid of Data.fs.in" is supposed to look like,
and for now am all for advising the packagers not to break the Testing
package. ;-)

Stefan

--On Mittwoch, 11. September 2002 09:05 +0100 Chris Withers