[Zope-dev] WebDAV Redirects or overriding IDs duing creation

Johan Carlsson [Torped] johanc@torped.se
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 21:16:19 +0200

Hi gurus,
I'll try this question on this list as well (a part form zope@zope.org).

Is it possible to make a redirect during a WebDAV request.
For instance I have a PROPFIND one an object that has been renamed
and I whan the PROPFIND to access the object with the new ID.

I have tried to return a prop result with the information from the renamed=
=20
object,
but the client seems to ignore that (no kidding its MS Web Folder, so what=
=20
did I expect ;-)

Is there a correct way to do this.
What I want to do is for the server to override the requested ID on any=20
object or
collection that is being created with something more appropriate
like the created objects/collections meta_type.
MS WebFolders defaults to "New Folder" for collections.

Best Regards,
Johan Carlsson

--=20
Torped Strategi och Kommunikation AB