[Zope-dev] please publish new edition of Zope Book often

Craeg Strong cstrong@arielpartners.com
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 23:02:26 -0400

Hello:

I use the on-line version of The Zope Book all the time
as a reference and guidebook.  However, sometimes its
just more convenient to have docs in paper book form.

In fact, even though The Zope Book is way out of date,
( and any newer version would become out of date very
quickly ), I still recommend it to clients over any
of the other books covering Zope.

I, for one, would love to see a new edition of
The Zope Book published out on a regular basis,
say once a year or thereabouts.

We have had to deal with many complaints about the
out-of-date-ness of The Zope Book
from our customers.  For example, we have just
recently won a large contract using Zope technology
for which this is an issue.

So, how about it?    I personally feel this is a
very important step on the "10x growth" road.

2c,

--Craeg