[Zope-dev] WebDAV Collection/Resource Chameleon Question

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Mon Dec 8 22:17:40 EST 2003

Eric Roby wrote:

>We are trying to  make a 'folderish' (WebDAV Collection) class appear as
>a WebDAV Resource to WebDAV clients.  I won't go into the reasons why we
>want to do this unless someone is interested. We have made several
>attempts at this but have been unsuccessful to date.  Rather than go
>into all the gory details about what we have tried I am asking if anyone
>could tell me if it is even technically possible to trick the WebDAV
>machinery (server/client) into treating this class in this way?

Are you trying to use webdav.Collection by itself? That won't work: it's
a mix-in class, meant to enable WebDAV support for actual collections of
objects, like Folders. There's precious little to do to make Zope
visible to WebDAV clients: just one switch (and maybe one permission) to
throw. Very much like Zope's FTP support. Perhaps you should read

http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ExternalTools.stx
http://zope.org/Documentation/Articles/WebDAV

             --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."