[Zope-dev] 2.6.1b2?

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <lists@andreas-jung.com>
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:40:18 +0100

--On Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2003 20:31 +0100 Joachim Werner
<joe@iuveno-net.de> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd just like to know when can we expect a 2.6.1b2. It would be nice to
>> have a new release where we don't have to patch just to get ZClasses to
>> work.
>
> Yes, it IS indeed a problem if there is no single Zope version out there
> that can be used without patches. 2.6.0 has the DateTime bug, the 2.6.1b1
> has new issues. I have complained a lot about the lousy release
> management in the past, but nobody seems to listen.
>
> Joachim
>
> P.S.: After all, it's so easy: Take a Zope version that has some bugs,
> fix the bugs and release it as a bugfix release. DON'T add features that
> might trigger new bugs. THEN start working on the next feature release.
>
> AND: THERE SHOULD NEVER, I REPEAT: NEVER BE NEW FUNCTIONALITY OR CODE
> CHANGES BETWEEN A FINAL BETA AND A RELEASE! IF IT IS NOT FINAL; RELEASE
> ANOTHER BETA!!!!!!

I think the situation has improved since new features will make it only
into the major 2.X.0 releases. All other releases are bugfix releases
only. This is at least true for the Zope 2.6 branch were only a
minor feature was added to the DateTime module.

-aj