[Zope-dev] [BUG] maybe yet unknown BTREES bug

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:13:09 +0100

Attention: cross post

We have run in an apparent "BTrees" bug (with the "BTrees" version
included in Zope 2.5.1).

   We try to insert a value into an "BTrees.OOBTree.OOBTree" instance
   with

	tree[k]= v

   and get an "exceptions.KeyError on 13384379A0pfvqTmtEQ".

   The code comes from Zope's "Transience" implementation.
   The reported key is some session key. We are not yet
   sure, however, whether it is the key we are just trying
   to insert.

Reading the "News.txt" of ZODB-3.2a1, this bug may not yet
be known.

We will install the "BTrees" package from ZODB-3.2a1 and
see whether the problem disappears.
I will report back...

Dieter