[Zope-dev] Conflict Errors; how to track them down?

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 00:23:13 -0400

On 06/02/2003 11:08 PM, Bjorn Stabell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Except for SARS, another problem that's been plagueing us for months are
> seemingly random Conflict Errors.  We see about 10 every day on our Zope
> 2.6.1, and they can happen on any page.  In most cases they are not
> related to pages that actually updated anything (AFAIK), although we do
> use SESSIONS (but no frames).  Any clue how to track down which objects
> are having problems, what's causing this?

Look at your undo log.  If the conflicts don't correspond with entries
in the undo log, and you're not mounting other databases, the conflicts
are almost certainly due to sessions.  However, conflicts are a normal
occurrence and rarely reach the user.  Zope automatically retries the
request and delivers the successful page.

Shane