FHS, zopectl, #925, Re: [Zope-dev] 2.7 installation

Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis luca@debian.org
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 03:43:51 -0500

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 08:57:34AM +0200, PieterB wrote:
> On the other hand some packages (such as my zopetest, or other
> rpm-alike things), may require other things.  I like A-A-P, because
> I think that would make my installerfiles much cleaner.  Aap has
> integrated support to fail if a program returns an error, which
> isn't the case for shell scripts.

Try use #!/bin/sh -e instead of #!/bin/sh alone.

> Make also has error support and can be used to define 'modules'/'tasks' but
> it's terrible to create something similar to
> http://cvs.zope.org/NZO_SiteLayout/buildout_zope_sandbox?cvsroot=Zope.org in
> Makefiles.

If you need i can port a script like that to Makefile without that much work.

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have