[Zope-dev] ch-ch-ch-changes (post-merge fallout)

Jamie Heilman jamie@audible.transient.net
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 02:57:54 -0800

I'm slowly fumbling my way through the massive changes of the latest
branch merge... am I missing where the open databases (Globals.opened)
get closed, or did that just get dropped entirely (and if so, how does
that relate to the goals of the clean shutdown work)?

Also, now that the hacked asyncore is no longer wedged into place in
ZServer/__init__.py are there any known gotchas if one should import
say, Zope and running Zope.startup() before importing ZServer?  Not
that I plan on doing that mind you, but the side-effects that Zope 2
suffers from in its various import dependancies drive me up a wall.
It'd be cool if that one got fixed.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"...thats the metaphorical equivalent of flopping your wedding tackle