[Zope-dev] ch-ch-ch-changes (post-merge fallout)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred@zope.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:31:49 -0500

Jamie Heilman writes:
 > I'm slowly fumbling my way through the massive changes of the latest
 > branch merge... am I missing where the open databases (Globals.opened)
 > get closed, or did that just get dropped entirely (and if so, how does
 > that relate to the goals of the clean shutdown work)?

Hmm.  I hope that didn't get lost!  I'll look into this to be sure.

 > Also, now that the hacked asyncore is no longer wedged into place in
 > ZServer/__init__.py are there any known gotchas if one should import
 > say, Zope and running Zope.startup() before importing ZServer?  Not
 > that I plan on doing that mind you, but the side-effects that Zope 2
 > suffers from in its various import dependancies drive me up a wall.
 > It'd be cool if that one got fixed.

There's no longer a hacked version of asyncore, so that particular
constraint should no longer hold.  I agree that import order
dependencies are a significant source of obfuscation.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation