[Zope-dev] Ftp with property?

Chen Fu novalet@yahoo.com.cn
Wed, 7 May 2003 10:07:51 +0800 (CST)

Hi!
I had read article descripting next step of ftp in
zope will take a xml to package the property of file.
When we upload the file and this xml, property will
add to the uploaded file in ZMI. Is it true? Is this
feature already usable now?

My project in my institute involving upload former
office files(mostly doc pdf excel) to zope/plone in
batch. Most important, keywords must be added to use
the Topic Catalog feature in plone. So i could not use
the ZMI or plone interface to add properties one by
one. I must have such ftp feature as soon as possible.

If can't get the feature in this version's zope, hope
somebody show me how to edit the ftp server's source
code to add it. I am not a skilled python programmer,
but I will take a try.

Thanks

=====
Remote Scensing Satellite Ground Station
Chinese Academy of Science