[Zope-dev] Zope, WebDAV, UTF-8 and litmus

Lennart Regebro lennart at regebro.nu
Thu Oct 16 11:07:58 EDT 2003

I've been fiddling around with Zope and WebDAV and have some questions.

1. UTF-8 support.

WebDAV requires UTF-8 support. I've been using "Litmus"
(http://www.webdav.org/neon/litmus/) to test the Zope access, and by
default it doesn't accept UTF-8 names. How does people for example in
China and Japan deal with this? I have bypassed this by making a special
version of _checkId() that accepts them, but maybe there is another way?
  If not, I think there should be a way.

2. Other Litmus testing.

Of course there are several other failures, besides the UTF-8 support.
Has anybody else looked into this, and done anything on it? I could
probably spend some bug day time on it, but I don't want to run into the
same walls as others already have, if I can avoid it. :)