[Zope-dev] Re: Nightly Zope 3 Binary Compiles for WIndows

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Sat Apr 24 15:38:03 EDT 2004

Tim Peters wrote:

> [Chris Withers]
>
>>Saw my name mentioned earlier but not sure whether Tim has solved the
>>problem...
>
> Can't say -- I put up .pyds for current Zope 2 and Zope 3 HEAD, but haven't
> heard whether anyone tried them.

I will. Early next week. Something came up friday.

> I expect that would be helpful, and also helpful for the Zope 2 HEAD, but
> it's not clear what you would upload.  For example, just the .pyds, or the
> entire codebase, or...?

CVS clients are easy enough to get a hold on on Windows. The best
solution would be if it was possible to get the Python sources from CVS
and the compiled binaries from somewhere else.

The problem is the compilation part, for somebody like me that don't
normally develop in c. I guess that many Zope developers are like me,
but I don't know offcourse.

But it would also make it possible for most Zope users, to download and
try out this Zope 3 thing, and get a feel for how it develops.

regards Max M