[Zope-dev] how to start workflow instance on another zope server with SOAP?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Aug 31 16:03:18 EDT 2004

Aruna Kathiriya wrote at 2004-8-24 17:57 -0700:
>I am trying to start an instance of a workflow on a Zope server from another
>Zope server. I did successfully with XML-RPC call but I need to do it with
>SOAP.

Why?

When you can control both client and server, XML-RPC should be
as good as SOAP (better, because it is much simpler).

Only when you cannot control the clients (and they speak SOAP),
you should look for a SOAP solution.

>I am note sure weather I can do it or not.

It is, but it will not be easy.

Unlike for XML-RPC, Zope does not have built-in support for
SOAP.

Nevertheless, several people use Zope both as SOAP client and server.

However, you will need gluing code together with ZSI.
Expect several weeks of work until it will run.

--
Dieter